GROWING HERBS IN PLAIN WATER FOR AN ENDLESS SUPPLY
The purpose of an Herb Garden is to provide a supply of Herbs which are leafy green, flowering parts, or roots of a plant. Spices are occasionally dried and produced from parts of a plant such as the bark, seeds, fruits, and roots. An Urban Garden serves several purposes including providing Herbs for medicinal, culinary, and sometimes spiritual purposes.
To establish an Herb Garden, you need to have Glass Jars and access to Freshwater supply. This will allow you to grow Herbs around your empty spaces including Balconies, Windowsills, pathways among others.
The procedure for Growing Herbs is the same.
Step 1: Take some healthy fresh cuttings leaving just two sets of leaves at the top of each cutting.
Step 2:Remove the remaining leaves, then submerge the cuttings in a few inches of clean water.
Here is a list of common herbs.
- Grow peppermint in a jar and snip off a bit to make herbal tea, soup, or Oil.
- Peppermint also provides a sweet scent of Fragrant herb. Peppermint does better in shady or partially sunny windowsills.
- Fresh Oregano can be used straight in Pasta Sauces, Soups, and other savory dishes.
- Use a pair of scissors to gently remove a few leaves from the Oregano stem.
- Oregano can grow into large stemmy leaves, thus requires constant monitoring.
- Sage has a flavorful scent which makes it a popular choice for holistic/spiritual purposes.
- You can also use Sage with Chicken, Eggs, Pineapple, or Lamb.
- Snip as much as you need and add it to your dish.
- Sage does not require too much water but must be kept in moderate sunlight.
- This is a popular Italian Herb that Grows well in Water and can be used in different recipes including soups and sauces.
- Make sure your Basil Jar gets about 5-8 hours of sunlight per day.
- This Hardy Herb prefers more of sunlight but can also grow well in shadier areas.
- You can use the leaves of this herb to sweeten your coffee or Tea Naturally.
- You can also create a powder from the leaves to use as a sweetener.
- Thyme is a versatile Herb, it will flower or you can harvest them before they flower.
- Hang the Thyme stems to dry the leaves then remove the leaves and use them for cooking
- Thyme requires plenty of sunlight, hence the jars must be placed in bright surroundings.
- This Flavorful Herb does well in sunlight or partially shaded areas
- Use your rosemary stems to spice up your favorite Chicken dishes
- Lemon Balm
- You can use the Lemon balm herb to create Herbal Tea that helps reduce anxiety, relieve Indigestion symptoms, and Makes sleep Easier to come by.
- The plant requires plenty of sunlight
- This onion family member is super easy to grow and you can use in a ton of dishes
- Make sure this herb has plenty of water and sunlight for best results
- For the continued harvest of your Herbs, try adding hydroponic nutrients to the water to give your herb a nutrient boost.